Home Forums UnTheme YAMATO Several problems : installation, freeze and post carousel

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

chukaboy
      Participant

Hello,

I have installed Yamato theme and it was not easy, after several tries of installation/reset, I finally had a not so bad installation and I decided to manually finish the process (at the final, only the content import stopped and no ended).

I corrected widget, menu, and some others modules but there are some bugs that I cannot correct :
      – in the backoffice, when I modify something through Visual Composer interface, the screen is freezed for 7/8 seconds and after I can save my page : is it normal ? that can be reproduced on Chrome and on Firefox, not freeze but save is very slow (same delay)
      – moreover, during the backoffice freeze my frontoffice is white screen (Chrome) or not responding (Firefox)
      – on default homepage, I have a problem with the post carousel, the title and the description are not displayed (option is activated in the theme interface of course)
      – on marketing conference homepage, the next event + counters are not displayed too

I stopped to verify all pages but I think there are some others bugs perhaps. I tried to create some new modules for each of course, but nothing worked better. For info, I have no js conflict on these pages.

Perhaps the current VC version is not stable (although it is the last probably, 5.1.1) ?

My configuration :
      – wp 4.8
      – yamato 2.4
      – all extensions up to date
      – memory limit 512Mo
      – max execution time 300s
      – max uploaded size 32Mo

I will send you another post in private with login+pass : can you do something for me please ?
      Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Stephane.

chukaboy
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.

chukaboy
      Participant

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Hi chukaboy

Sorry could you please clarify your question? We can not see what you mean.Could you please show me screenshot for explain what problem you get now?

Thank you!

chukaboy
      Participant

After the demo content import (not finished automatically, so I finsihed manually), the first problem I found is that the post carousel on default homepage hasn’t title and description, although it is activated in the Visual Composer interface in the backoffice.

I tried to add another new post carousel but the problem persists. You can see this problem on my website, with the url I gave to you.

After that, I found some others problems of modules display correctly, on the marketing homepage for example. I didn’t search for others problems but I think we can find some.

Another problem is that the VC interface in the backoffice is not stable :

– on Chrome, it freezes the browser during 7/8 s (I cannot click anywhere, I don’t have the focus) and the frontoffice is a white page during this freeze
      – on Firefox, there is no freeze of the browser but the save request is very long (7/8 s too) and the frontoffice is not a white page but it doesn’t respond normally

So my question is : is it normal all of that ? =) and can you help me in any way like reinstallation of the theme perhaps ?

Thanks in advance.

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Hi

1. About post carousel problem: Please give me FTP info your site, i will correct that issue.

2. You mean is it takes a long time to save the page builder?

Thank you!

chukaboy
      Participant

Hello,

1. The problem with the post carousel is not the only one, I saw that on Marketing Homepage, the next event and counters modules aren’t displayed too, and I cannot display them with a new module creation too. Perhaps there are some others missing modules elsewhere.

So can you reinstall the theme demo completely please ?

You have backoffice access ids in a previous reply.

2. yes I mean that Visual Composer is very slow : it freezes (or slow down) my browser for 7/8 seconds when I modified something in its interface, before I save it. This case arrives on huge page (like demo homepage example) but on light new page, it is slow to save too.
      Nevermind, you can correct that, it is not your plugin, but keep in mind perhaps that you should transfer this info to VC developpers ?

Thanks in advance.

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Hi chukaboy

Can i reset your site? I will help you install DEMO from scratch.

chukaboy
      Participant

Hello,

yes you can reset the website.

You can import the demo from scratch too, because I tried several times and each times, the content uplad failed : perhaps a problem of delivery from your server (busy) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Stephane.

Maria Do
      Keymaster

YEs i will try my best!

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Note: At the basic level, this theme will require the following conditions:

Apache 2.x or Microsoft IIS 7
      PHP 5.6.x or 7.x
      MySQL 5.0.4 or higher
      WordPress 4.5.+
      We Recommended PHP configuration limits are as follows:

max_execution_time 120s

memory_limit 128M

post_max_size 120M

upload_max_filesize 60M

chukaboy
      Participant

Ok so you have a problem with demo import too : I increased post max size and upload max filesize to 120Mo (instead of 32Mo). But I don’t think the problem comes from that point : seriously, 32Mo of filesize is not enough ?

Yes I know Duplicator : I cannot give you access to my server interface, so can you give me an download url of the duplicator files (archive+installer) ?

Another problem is Visual Composer extension, I tried to create a post carousel (without demo content) and the problem is already present, so it is not stable.

After verification, VC extension has a new update (5.2) : can you give us a download url of the new version please ?

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Please give me Your email. I will send you duplicator files.

After install DEMO data OK i will help you to build your site.

Thank you!

chukaboy
      Participant

Hello Sen Do Thi,

you already have my email in my spyropress profile : stephane.aravit@gmail.com

For the VC updates, how do you bring them to your customer ?

Regards,
      Stephane.

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Please check your email.

Thank you!

chukaboy
      Participant

Hello,

the duplicator backup is ok and the installation is good now.
      Thanks for your help.

I just advice you (if it’s possible) to check your demo install from backoffice, because it’s not possible to be so long to install demo data =)

Regards,
      Stephane.

chukaboy
      Participant

Re,

I have another problem, I am a bit disgusted of your theme.

This time, I duplicated the home page, and I renamed it. But once I opened it in my browser, there was an error 500.

After some search and one by one module deactivations, I found that the portfolio module was the culprit : if I select STYLE 1 it breaks, and if I select STYLE 2 or STYLE 3, it displays good.

I investigated the html/php structure of the module and I saw that for STYLE 1, the file portfolio.php didn’t catch the value of the $style variable (empty), so the module tried to open portfolio-.php.

This problem is the same in these posts :

ERRO HEROCORE

Herocore Error

Can you quickly provide a solution for that problem please ? (you already have login infos for the website backoffice)

Thanks.

chukaboy
      Participant

I forgot something important : the problem don’t occur on the original home page, created via the duplicator import.

On the original homepage, there is a portfolio module with STYLE 1 selected and it works…. why it doesn’t work on another page ?????

chukaboy
      Participant

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Can you give me FTP info your site? I need to debug code and correct that issue.

THank you!

chukaboy
      Participant

chukaboy
      Participant

Hello,

I don’t know how you have developed your theme but it’s really the worst stable one I tried.

The initial problem (no title and description on post carousel) is came back now and I don’t know why either how.

The matter with your theme is the modules you’ve developed on Visual Composer : they have not been tested enough so there are lots of problems.

It’s not possible to go to client ftp and correct manually files, you have to correct your sources and send updates. It’s impossible that I am the only one to whom these problems happen.

Stop developping several themes if they are not stable, take out a stable one and after you will be able to see further.

I don’t know how you believe you can display “Best wordpress Theme 2017” but if you want to survive, you have lots of stuff. You are far away from the most stable themes.

Regards,

P.S. : trust me that I will talk about your theme in a very bad way if you don’t do anything soon.

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Hi chukaboy

Please keep calm! In this case i need to show error_reporting in wp_configs file your site to i can see what problem you get now. Then i will show you solutions.

Thank you so much for patience!

Maria Do
      Keymaster

So could you please give me FTP info to i can enable error_reporting or can you give me WP amdin info again?

chukaboy
      Participant

You want to debug an error ? the problem is that each VC modules I tested (carousel, portfolio, …) had a problem of display, structure, responsive, class, …

I’m sorry but my patience has been already used during the theme installation, the demo import (that you not succeeded either) and the debugging of some of your modules.

I am developer and I have already worked more than I will be paid for that work so I cannot lose more time with you.

Test this theme, correct it and send updates. That’s all.

chukaboy
      Participant

I’m sorry for you but I have to tell it for the others : don’t buy the yamato theme (and perhaps the others), it is really s***.

I cannot add a video on a container background and see it in action.

The CS Social module on Contact page breaks my page.

I still cannot have Title and Description on a post carousel (so it’s impossible to read the content).

Last of all, I created a child theme (files gived by you !) and half of my css breaks. So I came back to the original theme… but the css is still broken. I didn’t believe it. I thought for some seconds that your theme broke my life… LOL

I looked after some theme options for finally found that preset color had to be resetted…

What’s wrong with you ? You cannot do simple, safe and stable ? Do something else if not…

There are too many themes now on the web and we are fed up with garbage ones.

Maria Do
      Keymaster

Hi chukaboy

We’re sorry so much for the trouble you have encountered. We have a new update for Yamato theme. That is version 2.5. Could you please redownload package or please give me your email, i will send you the latest version of theme.

Once again look forward to your patience!!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.